Bouchees Aux Fruits De Mer
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10-ounce) package puff pastry shells
- 4 fresh parsley sprigs
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 pound peeled, medium-size fresh shrimp, halved
- 12 scallops, halved (1 pound)
- 18 peeled crawfish tails (3/4 pound), halved
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) jar clam juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Set aside.
- Place fresh parsley sprigs, fresh thyme sprigs, and bay leaf on a 6-inch square of cheesecloth; tie with string. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add shrimp, scallops, and crawfish, and saute 4 minutes or until done. Stir in 1/2 cup wine and 2 tablespoons flour, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add shallots and mushrooms, and saute until tender. Stir in remaining 1 cup wine and herb bag. Bring to a boil. Stir in clam juice, and cook until liquid is reduced to 1 1/2 cups (about 15 to 20 minutes). Discard herb bag.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat, and add 1/3 cup flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually stir into mushroom mixture.
- Stir together yolk and sour cream. Add to mushroom mixture; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Spoon evenly into pastry shells, and top with seafood sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This