- 1 (10-ounce) package puff pastry shells
- 4 fresh parsley sprigs
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 pound peeled, medium-size fresh shrimp, halved
- 12 scallops, halved (1 pound)
- 18 peeled crawfish tails (3/4 pound), halved
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) jar clam juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Set aside.
Place fresh parsley sprigs, fresh thyme sprigs, and bay leaf on a 6-inch square of cheesecloth; tie with string. Set aside.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add shrimp, scallops, and crawfish, and saute 4 minutes or until done. Stir in 1/2 cup wine and 2 tablespoons flour, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add shallots and mushrooms, and saute until tender. Stir in remaining 1 cup wine and herb bag. Bring to a boil. Stir in clam juice, and cook until liquid is reduced to 1 1/2 cups (about 15 to 20 minutes). Discard herb bag.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat, and add 1/3 cup flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually stir into mushroom mixture.
Stir together yolk and sour cream. Add to mushroom mixture; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Spoon evenly into pastry shells, and top with seafood sauce. Garnish, if desired.