Boston Terrier Cupcakes
This cupcake is almost as adorable as your own Boston Terrier. Use a recipe for homemade vanilla cupcakes and vanilla frosting or start with a cake mix and use canned frosting to get the number of cupcakes you need. You’ll need enough vanilla frosting to lightly frost the cupcakes, plus additional frosting for the decorations. See How to Make Boston Terrier Cupcakes for step-by-step instructions and photos.
- 1 cupcake with vanilla frosting
- 2-3 chewy chocolate candies (such as Tootsie Rolls)
- 1 fruit roll (or red/pink chewy candy such as Tootsie Rolls)
- 3 small chocolate candies or sugar pearls or chocolate frosting
- 1/4 cup additional vanilla frosting for decorating
- 1. Add a thin layer of vanilla frosting to the top of the whole cupcake.
- 2. Press or roll out chewy chocolate candies. Using a round cutter that is approximately 2 ½-inches in diameter, cut a circle. Cut again to make two crescent moons, then to snip the end of the “moon”. The shapes will resemble an upside down apostrophe. Reserve remaining candy pieces.
- 3. Place one brown candy piece on frosted cupcake, making sure the points are at the top and facing toward one another.
- 4. Using the extra rolled candy reserved from Step #1, cut two small, tear-drops for ears; set aside.
- 5. Fit a piping bag with a #12 tip. Fill with vanilla frosting. Pipe frosting to make cheeks by applying pressure, heavy, light, heavy. It should look like an upside down heart without a ”tail". Place a chocolate candy, the size of a pea, in the center of the piped icing as a nose.
- 6. Using the same piping bag, pipe a small disk, slightly smaller than a dime, in the center of each brown candy piece that was placed on the cupcake in Step #2, brushing the icing disk’s bottom against the cheeks.
- 7. Cut a small piece of fruit roll for the tongue. Insert tongue piece below the nose, tucked under the cheeks.
- 8. Place a small chocolate candy (or sugar pearl or chocolate frosting) in the center of each disk for the dog’s eyes.
- 9. Place small, tear-drop ears at the point of each brown candy piece, point facing outward.
For the basic frosting on top of each cupcake, you’ll only need enough to lightly coat the top of each cupcake, about ¼ cup frosting per cupcake. Too much frosting on the cupcake will make it harder to decorate into the puppy face.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Boston Terrier Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: MyRecipes
More Recipes Like This