Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 cup(s) Beef Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Potato Peeled and Diced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Steamed Beets
- 2 teaspoon(s) red wine vinegar
- sour cream to garnish
- Parsley to garnsih
- 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add broth, potato, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until the potato is just tender, about 8 minutes. Add beets and vinegar; return to a boil. Cover and continue cooking until the broth is deep red and the potato is very soft, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- 2. Combine sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl. Serve the soup with a dollop of the horseradish sour cream and a sprinkle of parsley.
- Tips on How to Prep & Steam Beets: (or Look for Melissa's brand Peeled Baby Red Beets in the produce section)
- 1. Trim greens (if any) and root end; peel the skin with a vegetable peeler.
- 2. Cut beets into 1/2- to 1-inch-thick cubes, wedges or slices.
- 3. To steam on the stovetop: Place in a steamer basket over 1 inch of boiling water in a large pot. Cover and steam over high heat until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by esarda and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Borscht Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews