Flavor is good, but dark. I followed the recipe and did not have the trouble the other reviewers had. I'm not sure what I did that they did not. It did take longer than 2 hours to "chill". I left overnight in refrigerator and then sliced. Very intense flavor. A little bit goes a long way.
Boozy Caramel Fudge
Boozy Caramel Fudge has a hefty splash of dark rum in each sweet bite. Gift to the caramel connoisseur on your list.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes
- Parchment paper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14-oz.) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (12-oz.) packages semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Wax paper
- Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper; grease paper. Bring sugar, water, and lemon juice to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil 8 to 10 minutes or until sugar begins to brown. (Do not stir.) Stir in cream and 2 Tbsp. butter; remove from heat. Let stand, stirring constantly, until no longer bubbling. Microwave sweetened condensed milk and semisweet chocolate morsels in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 3 minutes, stirring at 1-minute intervals. Stir in rum, 2 1/2 Tbsp. butter, and salt. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Immediately pour caramel over chocolate mixture; gently swirl with a knife. Chill 2 to 4 hours. Cut into pieces; wrap in wax paper. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
- PACKAGE IN: Mini Gingham Cupcake Liners ($2.75 for 50; bakeitpretty.com)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note