Boo-tiful Pumpkin Cake
Make two recipes of this pumpkin cake and create your own tasty pumpkin!
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Combine eggs, sugar and oil in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on high speed until mixture is lemon-colored and thick. Blend in pumpkin; set aside. In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add 1/2 cup at a time to the pumpkin mixture, blending well after each addition. Pour batter into a lightly greased 13"x 9" baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. If using a Bundt® pan, bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, then reduce temperature to 325 degrees for an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Check for doneness. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the pumpkin cake shown, prepare the recipe twice, making 2 cakes. Invert one on top of the other. Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting reserving 1/2 cup for stem. Tint frosting with orange food coloring. Drizzle over cakes. Tint remaining frosting green. Frost an ice cream cone with green frosting and invert for the stem. Sprinkle with edible glitter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings