Bonnie Bean Soup
Very filling. Freezes well. It is really good fixed in the Crock Pot. You can substitute any beans you prefer or double up on your favorites.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can great northern beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can green lima beans
- 1 can spicy tomatoes or Rotel
- 1 lb. Butterball Smoked Sausage, cut in thin slices or ham pieces
- 1 can low fat low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup broken pasta, if desired
- Mix all ingredients except pasta. Bring to a boil, cover lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. If adding pasta, do so after about 20 minutes cooking time. You can add more liquid if necessary.
- If preparing in Crock Pot, mix all ingredients except pasta and cook on low for at least 6 hours. About 30 minutes before you are ready to serve, turn Crock Pot to high and add pasta. Broken Ramen noodles work really well.
- To give soup a Southwestern taste, eliminate the sausage. Brown one pound ground meat, drain and mix in one package taco seasoning according to directions. Add the other ingredients and continue as above.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bonnie52 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note