Bombay Dream Rice Pudding
Prep: 10 min.; Cook: 1 hr., 5 min.; Chill: 1 hr.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup MAHATMA Basmati Rice, uncooked
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted pistachios, finely chopped
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Bring rice and 4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Drain rice, and return to saucepan.
- 2. Stir milk and sugar into rice. Cook, uncovered, over low heat 40 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk and ground cardamom. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in pistachios.
- 3. Spread pudding into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours. Serve in dessert bowls. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts