This is outstanding and so easy to make. Great for any occassion, as a main meal or apps for a party. I made a spiced lentil dish (also in myrecipe.com)to go with it. The taste is deep and wonderful but not overpowering. Here's a way to use the leftovers. Use the peanut sauce all over a soft tortilla and add the chicken, some spinach, tomatoes, put in a panini press and there you go..yummy. I have also sliced the chicken into a huge salad as well. Enjoy!
Boka Dushi (Dutch West Indian Chicken Kebabs)
This is the Dutch West Indian version of the classic Indonesian saté. Boka means "mouth" and dushi means "sweet" in Papamiento, the musical dialect that blends Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, and West African languages. Kejap manis, the ancestor of modern ketchup, is a thick, sweet soy sauce; you can substitute equal parts soy sauce and molasses. Sambal ulek is a fiery paste made of red peppers. Look for both in Asian markets.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.5g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 676mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1/4 cup kejap manis or 2 tablespoons soy sauce plus 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sambal ulek or Thai chile paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips, or 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- Cooking spray
- Dutch West Indian Peanut Sauce
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade. Thread chicken strips onto 18 (8-inch) skewers.
- Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with Dutch West Indian Peanut Sauce.
- (Totals include Dutch West Indian Peanut Sauce)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note