This is a family favorite and always goes over well when we take it to other places. Just make sure you add everything--dressing and toppings--right before serving. I didn't need all of the dressing.
Bok Choy Salad
Add bite to a simple salad by crumbling uncooked ramen noodles over bok choy, a Chinese white cabbage. A cider vinegar and soy sauce drizzle make the salad a unique and flavorful alternative to the traditional starter salad.
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ramen noodle soup mix
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 bok choy, shredded
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Remove flavor packets from soup mix; reserve for another use. Crumble noodles.
- Combine noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds. Spread on a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
- Bring sugar and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; cool.
- Place bok choy and green onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with sugar mixture. Add ramen noodle mixture, tossing well. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads