This is a family favorite and always goes over well when we take it to other places. Just make sure you add everything--dressing and toppings--right before serving. I didn't need all of the dressing.
Bok Choy Salad
Add bite to a simple salad by crumbling uncooked ramen noodles over bok choy, a Chinese white cabbage. A cider vinegar and soy sauce drizzle make the salad a unique and flavorful alternative to the traditional starter salad.
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ramen noodle soup mix
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 bok choy, shredded
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Remove flavor packets from soup mix; reserve for another use. Crumble noodles.
- Combine noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds. Spread on a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
- Bring sugar and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; cool.
- Place bok choy and green onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with sugar mixture. Add ramen noodle mixture, tossing well. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note