- 3 pounds fresh spinach, cleaned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 hard-cooked egg, finely chopped
How to Make It
Place spinach in a large Dutch oven (do not add water); cover and cook over high heat 8 to 10 minutes. Drain spinach well. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mixing well. Chop spinach, and set aside.
Sauté onion in butter until tender. Add chopped spinach, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, whipping cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer spinach to a warm serving dish, and garnish with chopped egg.