Boiled Shrimp With Timmy's Shrimp Sauce
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Southern Living
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 3 ears fresh corn, husks removed*
- 1 (3-oz.) package boil-in-bag shrimp-and-crab boil
- 1/4 cup liquid shrimp-and-crab boil seasoning
- 2 large lemons, quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 pounds. small red potatoes
- 4 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp
- 8 cups ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons salt
- Timmy's Shrimp Sauce
- 1. Cut corn in half.
- 2. Bring boil-in-bag shrimp-and-crab boil, next 3 ingredients, and 3 1/2 qt. water to a boil in a large stockpot over high heat. Add potatoes and corn. Cover and boil over medium-high heat 20 minutes or until potatoes and corn are tender.
- 3. Stir in shrimp; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. (Shrimp will turn pink, and shells will loosen slightly.) Stir in ice cubes and salt, and let stand 5 minutes. Drain, discarding boil bag. Serve with Timmy's Shrimp Sauce.
- *6 (4-inch) ears frozen corn may be substituted. (Do not halve.)
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Zatarain's New Orleans Shrimp & Crab Boil and Zatarain's Concentrated Shrimp & Crab Boil seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes