Boiled Shrimp With Cocktail Sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds uncooked medium shrimp
- Commercial cocktail sauce
- Tie caraway seeds in a cheesecloth bag.
- Combine water and salt in a large Dutch oven. Add cheesecloth bag. Cover and bring to a boil; boil 5 minutes. Uncover and add shrimp; simmer 3 minutes. Drain, discarding cheesecloth bag.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Serve shrimp hot or chilled with cocktail sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers