Boiled Lobster with Corn and New Potatoes
- 6 quarts water
- 4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 (1- to 2-pound) lobsters
- 18 new potatoes, quartered
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 3 lemons, halved
- French baguette, sliced
- Garnish: fresh Italian parsley sprigs
- Bring 6 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil in a large stockpot. Plunge 3 lobsters, head first, into boiling water; return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes for the first pound and 3 minutes for each additional pound. Remove lobsters with tongs; set aside. Return water to a boil; repeat procedure with remaining lobsters.
- Cook potatoes with remaining 1 teaspoon salt in boiling water to cover in a large Dutch oven 5 minutes. Add corn; cover and cook 5 more minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Arrange lobsters, potatoes, and corn on a serving platter. Serve with melted butter, lemon halves, and baguette slices. Add parsley to serving plates, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes