Bohemian Beef Dinner
Traditional Czech dish: a savory stick-to-your-ribs meal with beef and sauerkraut covered in a creamy sauce. From Carl & Isobel Wanasek: Rogers, Arkansas. Recipe published in Taste of Home December/January 1996.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 pound(s) beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) dill weed
- 1 teaspoon(s) caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 14-ounce can(s) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- Additional paprika
- • In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef; dredge or shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown the beef in oil in batches; drain. Add the onions, garlic, dill, caraway, paprika and water.
- • Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- • Stir in sour cream; heat through but do not boil. Heat sauerkraut; drain and spoon onto a serving platter. Top with the beef mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note