Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) pine nuts toasted
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 cup(s) EVOO
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 bag(s) Boca crumbles (equivalent to 1 1/2 pounds ground meat) thawed
- 1 pound(s) eggplant sliced into 1/2" rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz
- 1 cup(s) crumbled Feta cheese
- 1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat broiler. Process 1/4 cup pine nuts, 2 garlic loves, 2 Tbsp EVOO and lemon juice until smooth. Season with S&P to taste and set aside.
- 2. Arrange eggplant rounds on plate and season with S&P. Cover with plastic wrap and MW until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Saute garlic, oregano and red pepper 30 seconds. Add Boca crumbles, tomatoes, 1/4 cup pine nuts, 1/4 cup Feta, salt and pepper and cook until liquid evaporates - about 2 minutes.
- 4. Top Boca mixture with eggplant rounds. Brush (or spray) eggplant with oil then spoon on the reserved pine nut paste. Sprinkle with remaining Feta and broil until cheese is browned - about 5 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Boca Moussaka Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes