Best meatloaf ever! Moist and full of flavor. Huge hit with the husband! Would make for friends as finished meatloaf is actually quite colorful and presents quite well!
Boarding House Meat Loaf
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Meat Loaf Sauce
- Microwave green bell pepper and onion in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 2 minutes.
- Combine onion mixture, ground beef, and next 4 ingredients. Shape into a loaf. Place in a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and pour off pan juices. Spread half of Meat Loaf Sauce evenly over meat loaf; bake 25 more minutes. Remove from pan, and serve with remaining Meat Loaf Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This