Blumenthal's "perfect" poached egg
lifted from "How to Cook Like Heston" http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/chefs/heston-blumenthal/poached-eggs-recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 slices toasted bread or English muffin
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- cooking thermometer
- very simple and we always get "perfect" results.
- 1. Prep the toasted bread any way you prefer -- plain or rubbed with a cut tomato or topped with a slice of ham or cheese or some avocado, etc.
- 2. Fill a medium saucepan (c 7" wide) with water, add 1tsp salt and put an upside-down plate in the bottom of the pan. Bring water up to 80C/176F
- 3. One at a time, crack the eggs into a small-slotted spoon and allow any excess white to drain off then slide each egg into separate small bowl to hold til water's ready
- 4. One at a time, gently slide each egg into water and poach for 4min at constant 80C/176F -- keep the thermometer in the water to monitor
- 5. Lift with slotted spoon, drain on paper towels, place on bread, top with grind of salt and pepper
- 6. Serve with side of fresh-cut fruit
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolfitz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note