This recipe is so easy and just fantastic. Everyone I have served it to has requested the recipe! This salad will make an dinner special.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 pears, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus tips*
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add walnuts, and sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove walnuts with a slotted spoon.
- Toss together lettuce, pears, asparagus, and toasted walnuts. Sprinkle with cheese and cranberries; drizzle with dressing.
- *1 cup broccoli florets or 1 cup snow peas may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bluegrass Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This