- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup regular oats, uncooked
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
How to Make It
Pulse almonds in food processor 2 or 3 times or until chopped. Add brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour; process 5 seconds. Add butter; pulse 5 times or until mixture is crumbly. Stir in oats; set aside.
Combine 2 cups flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add blueberries, tossing gently. Make a well in center of mixture.
Combine buttermilk, oil, and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full, and sprinkle with oat mixture.
Bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans immediately; cool on wire racks.