- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 7 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Blueberry Sauce
- Lightly oil a 3-quart soufflé dish; sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil long enough to fit around soufflé dish, allowing a 1-inch overlap; fold foil lengthwise into thirds. Lightly oil one side of foil; wrap around outside of dish, oiled side against dish, allowing foil to extend 3 inches above rim to form a collar. Secure foil around dish with string or freezer tape.
- Process blueberries through a food m ill or sieve; reserve liquid, and discard pulp. Combine blueberry liquid, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a large saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture reaches thread stage (234°). Remove from heat; cool.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form. Add lemon rind. Fold a small amount of beaten egg white into blueberry mixture to aerate or lighten the mixture. Gently fold remaining beaten egg white into blueberry mixture. Spoon into prepared soufflé dish
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until puffed and set. Spoon into individual serving bowls, and serve immediately with Blueberry Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This