Really good! Must have with tea! And it's hard to have just one!
Blueberry Shortbread Bites
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Dan Becker
These delicately textured shortbreads have a subtle orange flavor. They're wonderful served with a cup of tea or packed in a lunch.
Yield: Makes 36
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 82
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 0.7g
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 56mg
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, pulse together flour, sugar, cornstarch, orange zest, and salt. Add butter, then pulse until fine and crumbly. Remove bowl from food processor and stir in dried blueberries.
- 2. Measure 2 tbsp. mixture into each of 36 mini muffin cups*, pressing down firmly.
- 3. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool at least a few minutes before serving.
- *If you don't have mini muffin pans, press 1/4 cup mixture into each of 18 regular muffin cups and bake about 20 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per shortbread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note