I made this recipe exactly as written and served it with cream cheese and tortilla scoops. I certainly had high hopes for the dish based on the first four reviews. Unfortunately, it didn't appeal to me or any of the folks I served it to. Lemon and salt were the predominant flavors. I think we all felt that it left a lot to be desired. I'm going to take the leftovers (and there are plenty) and try to make them into a chutney or something similar.
Fresh blueberries provide the sweet while jalapeño pepper, bell pepper and cilantro provide the savory. Serve with toasted flour tortilla strips for an easy appetizer or side dish.
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh blueberries
- 1 cup whole fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Toss together coarsely chopped fresh blueberries, whole fresh blueberries, fresh lemon juice, chopped fresh cilantro, seeded and minced jalapeño peppers, diced red bell pepper, and kosher salt in a large bowl. Serve immediately, or cover and chill 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note