My family loved this recipe. We had a blueberry dinner night with some friends. We started with the blueberry soup, blueberry salad, blueberry-lemon ice tea, and the crowning glory was this tenderloin with it's delicious salsa. We ended the night with blueberry pie with ice cream. What a great meal, even the kids got into it. Everyone wore blue and went home full. Next time I will try marinating the tenderloin overnight, but even at just four hours it was wonderfully flavorful.
Blueberry-Rum Marinated Pork Tenderloin
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
Grill: 26 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (16-ounce) package pork tenderloins
- French bread slices, toasted
- Blueberry Salsa
- Process first 7 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour mixture into large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add pork. Seal and chill at least 4 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill pork, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 11 to 13 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 155°. Remove from grill. Loosely cover pork with foil; let stand 10 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°. Cut pork into slices, and serve over toasted bread. Top with Blueberry Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes