My family loved this recipe. We had a blueberry dinner night with some friends. We started with the blueberry soup, blueberry salad, blueberry-lemon ice tea, and the crowning glory was this tenderloin with it's delicious salsa. We ended the night with blueberry pie with ice cream. What a great meal, even the kids got into it. Everyone wore blue and went home full. Next time I will try marinating the tenderloin overnight, but even at just four hours it was wonderfully flavorful.
Blueberry-Rum Marinated Pork Tenderloin
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
Grill: 26 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (16-ounce) package pork tenderloins
- French bread slices, toasted
- Blueberry Salsa
- Process first 7 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour mixture into large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add pork. Seal and chill at least 4 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill pork, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 11 to 13 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 155°. Remove from grill. Loosely cover pork with foil; let stand 10 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°. Cut pork into slices, and serve over toasted bread. Top with Blueberry Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This