Blueberry Popovers – sugar free - bariatric eating
Community Recipe from
- 1 slice(s) ingredients ;isted below
- FIRST RUNNER UP - BE Fit & Fabulous - Battle Splenda - Marci Moorehead for Blueberry Popovers. This recipe is so simple and so impressive - giant popovers that have risen high above the pan edges!
- Popovers are crisp on the outside, hollow and delicate on the inside – and not too sweet. Best served hot from the oven; don't worry if your popover centers collapse as that is typical. This recipe is best with large sized muffin tins but don't use paper liners or your popovers won't rise high above the pan.
- Non-stick vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA granulated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Adjust the oven rack so you pan will be in the middle of the oven and preheat to 425° F. Coat a 6 or 8 cup muffin or popover pan with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl, lightly stir in the Splenda with a fork and make a well in the center of the mixture. Break the eggs into the well, add the milk and using a wire whisk, gradually work the flour into the liquid to make a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups; they should be about 2/3 full. Drop a few blueberries into the center of the batter in each cup, dividing them equally.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the popovers are golden brown, high and crisp around the edges. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mamatbear1941 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blueberry Popovers – sugar free - bariatric eating Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes