Blueberry-Pecan Shortbread Squares
More From Southern Living
Bake: 58 Minutes
Cool: 2 Hours
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 (4.4-oz.) containers fresh blueberries (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Stir together pecans, flour, and salt in a bowl.
- 4. Beat 1 cup butter and 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 2 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Beat in 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed 30 seconds after each addition until a dough forms and comes together to hold a shape.
- 5. Press 2 cups of dough in a thick layer onto bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Top evenly with fresh blueberries. Combine granulated sugar and lime rind, and sprinkle evenly over berries. Crumble remaining dough evenly over berries.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden. Cool shortbread in pan on a wire rack 2 hours. Cut into squares before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note