Excellent. A different cobbler recipe, but easy and excellent results. It will be one of my favorites.
If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, reheat and spoon over yogurt for a luscious breakfast.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 3 (12-oz.) packages frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 5 white bread slices
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients, 1/4 cup sugar, and 3 Tbsp. flour in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- 2. Trim crusts from bread slices; cut each slice into 5 strips. Arrange strips over blueberry mixture. Stir together butter, egg, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 2 Tbsp. flour. Drizzle over bread slices. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note