what a mess, 8 inch pan is much too small. I will not make it again.
- 4 pints fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar melts. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of blueberry mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan. Roll 1 piecrust to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut into an 8-inch square. Place over blueberry mixture; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 475° for 10 minutes. Spoon remaining blueberry mixture over baked crust.
- Roll remaining piecrust to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1-inch strips. Arrange in lattice design over blueberry mixture.
- Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve with vanilla ice cream, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note