what a mess, 8 inch pan is much too small. I will not make it again.
- 4 pints fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar melts. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of blueberry mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan. Roll 1 piecrust to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut into an 8-inch square. Place over blueberry mixture; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 475° for 10 minutes. Spoon remaining blueberry mixture over baked crust.
- Roll remaining piecrust to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1-inch strips. Arrange in lattice design over blueberry mixture.
- Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve with vanilla ice cream, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This