So moist. Not too sweet -just perfect texture and easy to make. Used it for a Bunco get together and added fresh whipped cream w/ orange rind. I will make again and again! Received lots of compliments. Even the dog grabbed a piece.
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
This tender cake is packed with sweet berries and crunchy nuts.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 253
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 287mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 9-inch round springform pan with cooking spray, and dust the pan with 2 teaspoons flour.
- Place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at high 1 minute or until butter melts. Add granulated sugar, stirring with a whisk. Add eggs; stir well. Stir in buttermilk and next 6 ingredients (buttermilk through baking soda); stir well. Lightly spoon 1 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flour, stirring just until blended (do not overstir). Stir in blueberries and pecans. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This