Thomas J. Story
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Protein: 5.2g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled firm-ripe white or yellow peaches or thinly sliced nectarines
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1/2 cup blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1. Spread pecans in a 10-inch tart pan with removable rim and bake in a 350° oven until golden in the center (break one to check), 8 to 12 minutes. Let cool.
- 2. In a food processor, whirl nuts, flour, brown sugar, and butter until fine crumbs form. Add vanilla and egg yolk; whirl until mixture comes together in a ball.
- 3. Press dough evenly over bottom and up sides of tart pan. Bake in a 350° oven until deep golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
- 4. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, sour cream, and powdered sugar until smooth. In another bowl, mix peaches with lemon juice.
- 5. Spread cream cheese mixture over bottom of pastry. Sprinkle mint on top, if using. Overlap peach slices in circles over cheese. Scatter blueberries over peaches.
- 6. Put jam in a 1-cup glass measure and cook, uncovered, in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until melted, 30 to 45 seconds. Brush over fruit.
- 7. Serve, or chill uncovered up to 1 hour. Remove pan rim and cut tart into wedges.
- Wine: An earthy-floral dessert wine such as a late-harvest Gewürztraminer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts