- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled firm-ripe white or yellow peaches or thinly sliced nectarines
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1/2 cup blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- calories 329
- caloriesfromfat 60 %
- protein 5.2 g
- fat 22 g
- satfat 11 g
- carbohydrate 31 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- sodium 150 mg
- cholesterol 70 mg
How to Make It
Spread pecans in a 10-inch tart pan with removable rim and bake in a 350° oven until golden in the center (break one to check), 8 to 12 minutes. Let cool.
In a food processor, whirl nuts, flour, brown sugar, and butter until fine crumbs form. Add vanilla and egg yolk; whirl until mixture comes together in a ball.
Press dough evenly over bottom and up sides of tart pan. Bake in a 350° oven until deep golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, sour cream, and powdered sugar until smooth. In another bowl, mix peaches with lemon juice.
Spread cream cheese mixture over bottom of pastry. Sprinkle mint on top, if using. Overlap peach slices in circles over cheese. Scatter blueberries over peaches.
Put jam in a 1-cup glass measure and cook, uncovered, in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until melted, 30 to 45 seconds. Brush over fruit.
Serve, or chill uncovered up to 1 hour. Remove pan rim and cut tart into wedges.
Wine: An earthy-floral dessert wine such as a late-harvest Gewürztraminer.