I have often made this, without using this recipe. I saw a general recipe from Jaques Pepin years ago using golden delicious apples, I think, and I revised it for many other fruits, and use either apricot or currant jam usually for the glaze, sometimes whatever I have. Often add cinnamon, or nutmeg, or a bit of citrus juice and peel. And I use flour or cornstarch as a thickener.sometimes, if the fruit is really juicy. I almost always sprinkle pies that are baked with turbinado, raw, sugar. Family likes the crunch. Using the Pillsbury pie crust makes for an easy fast tart for dessert, too. I think Pepin made his own, or he might have used pate brisee.
The recipe makes two galettes, so guests can have a piece for dessert and one to take home. If you use fresh peaches, a lot of juice will ooze out, but it won't ruin your crust.
Yield: 2 galettes, 16 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 40.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 124mg
- Calcium: 6mg
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 6 cups fresh or frozen peeled and sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves, melted and divided
- 1 tablespoon turbinado or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Roll 1 dough portion into a 12-inch circle; place on foil. Combine peaches, blueberries, and 1/4 cup sugar. Arrange half of peach mixture in center of dough, leaving a 3-inch border. Fold edges of dough toward center, pressing gently to seal (dough will only partially cover peach mixture). Brush half of melted preserves over peach mixture and edges of dough.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° (do not remove galette from oven); bake an additional 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining dough, peach mixture, and preserves. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cut each galette into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts