- 1 cup bran cereal, crushed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
How to Make It
Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; let stand 10 minutes or until cereal softens.
Stir in flour and next 6 ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour batter into a greased 9- x 5-inch loafpan.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.