Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Introduce baby to this family favorite made even more healthy by adding whole-wheat flour and oatmeal. Tossing unthawed frozen blueberries with a couple tablespoons of flour before adding them to the batter keeps them from turning the batter purple while they bake. If you use fresh blueberries, skip that step.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 190
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33.3g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 248mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 1 2/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2/3 cup)
- 2.33 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Place oats in a food processor; pulse 5 to 6 times until oats resemble coarse meal. Place in a large bowl.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flours and next 5 ingredients to oats in bowl; stir well with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture.
- 4. Combine buttermilk and next 3 ingredients in small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 5. Toss berries with 2 tablespoons flour, and gently fold into batter. Spoon batter into 16 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle 2 tablespoons granulated sugar evenly over batter. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pans immediately; place on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- For baby: Serve 1/2 to 1 cooled muffin.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads, Breakfast/Brunch
- CONVENIENCE: Freezable, Gifts, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits, Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Saturated Fat, Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake, Food Processor
- OCCASION: Autumn, Memorial Day, Spring, Summer, Winter
- PUBLICATION: Oxmoor House
More Recipes for Breads