Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
Perfect to make with kids! The healthy Chilean Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bar recipe below is perfect because it requires no knives - with blueberries theres never a need for chopping, dicing or peeling. Children can easily pile the fresh blueberries, crunchy oats and other ingredients into measuring cups. Just be sure to have extra blueberries for nibbling while you and the kids get cooking.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 3 cup(s) fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
- 2 cup(s) old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 stick(s) sweet butter, melted
- Line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For filling:
- In a medium saucepan stir together all filling ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium high heat stirring often to reduce until mixture is thick and the berries breakdown, about 15 minutes. While filling is cooking make the crust.
- For crust and crumble:
- In a medium bowl mix together the first 6 ingredients. Add melted butter to blend well. Reserve 3/4 cup for topping. Transfer remaining mixture to baking pan. Press firmly in bottom to form a crust. Spoon filling in an even layer. Sprinkle
- with remaining topping. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by karenleslie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks