- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
How to Make It
Dredge blueberries in 2 tablespoons flour, tossing lightly to coat well; set aside.
Combine remaining flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Beat together milk, egg, and butter; add to dry ingredients, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in blueberries.
Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately.
Note: Fresh huckleberries may be substituted for the fresh blueberries.