- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 pound jack cheese
- 6 cups (1 package, about 7 1/2 oz.) unseasoned dried bread cubes
- 1 1/2 cups apricot-flavor syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- calories 498
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- protein 11 g
- fat 23 g
- satfat 9.6 g
- carbohydrate 65 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- sodium 445 mg
- cholesterol 46 mg
How to Make It
Rinse and drain blueberries if fresh.
Put butter and cinnamon in a 9- by 13-inch casserole. Heat in a 350° oven until butter is melted, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut cheese into 1/2-inch cubes.
Add dried bread cubes to casserole and mix well.
Combine apricot-flavor syrup, lemon peel, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water. Pour over bread, mixing well.
Add pecans, cheese, and blueberries to casserole and gently mix to distribute evenly.
Cover casserole tightly with foil. Bake for 20 minutes in a 350° oven. Uncover casserole and bake until pudding top is crisp and golden brown, about 15 minutes longer.