Blueberry Grunt (Stewed berries with steamed dumplings)
Wonderful treat for brunch, lunch or dessert.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup(s) White Sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 1 1/2 cup(s) White Flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup(s) White Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) Butter or Margarine
- 3/4 to 1 cup(s) Milk
- Wash and clean berries; pour into a large saucepan. Add spices, sugar, lemon juice, and water to the berries. Bring to a boiling point. Meanwhile, make dumplings using the following method: mix together all dry ingredients, cut in butter, then stir in just enough milk to make a sticky dough. Drop large spoonfuls of dough on top of boiling berry mixture. Reduce heat to low and cover saucepan. Cook without removing cover for 12 - 14 minutes. Serve warm or cold, with or without whipped cream or ice cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SifterBentley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blueberry Grunt (Stewed berries with steamed dumplings) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch