Ginger aids in digestion and adds a bit of tropical flair to this juice that is loaded with antioxidants.
Yield: Serves 5 (serving size: about 1 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 151
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 38.7g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 26mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 6 (2-inch-long) strips lemon rind
- 4 cups blueberries
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 (10-ounce) bottles club soda, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Lemon rind strips or lemon slices (optional)
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; let stand 15 minutes. Place pan in a large ice-filled bowl for 5 minutes or until cold. Pour syrup through a sieve into a pitcher; discard solids.
- 2. Place half of blueberries and grated ginger in a blender; process 20 seconds or until smooth. Pour blueberry puree through a sieve into pitcher, pressing with the back of a spoon to remove as much juice as possible; discard solids. Stir juice into syrup mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining blueberries and grated ginger. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3. Gently stir club soda into blueberry mixture. Serve immediately over ice. Garnish with lemon rind strips or slices, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note