Love this recipe but I use about half as much balsamic vinegar. I sprinkle with blue cheese. A cup seems a bit much.. When blueberries are on sale or in season I make the dressing less the walnuts, onions, cheese and blueberries and have it in the refrigerator to use every other night. Everyone loves it!
Blueberry Fields Salad
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Annette Joseph
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup blueberry preserves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 (5.5-oz.) packages spring greens and baby spinach mix
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Heat walnuts in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Whisk together balsamic vinegar, next 2 ingredients, and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste in a small bowl. Combine walnuts, spinach mix, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This