Delicious! Well worth purchasing the blueberry preserves for the dressing. I used Bonne Maman (red & white checked lid) Wild Blueberry Preserves. Served with Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi with Orzo from this site.
Blueberry Fields Salad
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Annette Joseph
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup blueberry preserves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 (5.5-oz.) packages spring greens and baby spinach mix
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Heat walnuts in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Whisk together balsamic vinegar, next 2 ingredients, and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste in a small bowl. Combine walnuts, spinach mix, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note