- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cracked bulgur wheat
- 3/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced English cucumber
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes, and drained
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
How to Make It
Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan.
Combine the boiling water and bulgur in a mixing bowl. Let mixture stand, covered, 25 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
Place the mint, oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender; process until pureed.
Use a fork to fluff the bulgur. Add the dressing, cucumber, blueberries, onion, and feta to the grains; toss to combine.
Tomato and Corn Bulgur Salad: Sub basil for the mint, halved cherry tomatoes for the cucumber, fresh corn kernels for the blueberries, and 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts for the feta. Sprinkle with 2 cooked and crumbled bacon slices. Serves 8 (serving size: 3/4 cup) CALORIES 212; FAT 4g (sat 9g, mono 9g, poly 7g); PROTEIN 5g; CARB 21g; FIBER 4g; CHOL 2mg; IRON 1mg; SODIUM 205mg; CALC 17mg