Blueberry Custard Parfait
From Mildred Stubbs: Hamlet, North Carolina. Recipe published in Taste of Home June/July 1995.
Cool: 30 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon(s) confectioners' sugar
- 2 cup(s) fresh blueberries
- • In a saucepan, combine eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until custard is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 18 minutes.
- • Remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla, peels and nutmeg. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- • In a small bowl, beat the cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff. Fold two-thirds into the custard. Layer custard and blueberries in parfait glasses. Garnish with remaining cream. Chill for 1 hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note