Blueberry Cream Biscuit
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg - grated
- 1 cup(s) blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
- 2 cup(s) blueberries
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1. preheat oven to 425*F. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and nutmeg to thoroughly mix. Toss blueberries with the flour mixture. Stir cream in to the flour mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Gently lift and fold dough four or five times, making a quarter turn between each fold. Place dough on parchment lined baking sheet. Form dough in a 7- to 8-inch square, approximately 1 inch thick. Using a floured pizza cutter or knife, cut 12 to 16 biscuits, leaving biscuits intact. Bake in upper half of oven for 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut or pull apart to serve. Serve with blueberry sauce.
- Blueberry Sauce. In medium saucepan combine 1 cup blueberries, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp water. Bring to a simmer; cook and stir until blueberries pop and sauce has thickened. Remove from heat, then stir in 1 tsp vanilla and another 1 cup of blueberries. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by alittlelooney and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note