Doug Case calls this cakelike cornbread with blueberries "easy comfort food," and we had to agree. If you don't have masa flour, increase the cornmeal to 1 1/3 cups.
Yield: Makes 9 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 206
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 307mg
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter, melted
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup dehydrated masa flour (see note above)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk, and butter to blend. In another bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, masa, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 2. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture just until evenly moistened. Gently stir in berries. Spread level in a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- 3. Bake in a 375° oven until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, then cut into 9 squares.
- Nutritional analysis per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note