Easy & delicious. I used puffed pastry instead of biscuits. A little change on blueberry cobbler. Makes a nice presentation.
Blueberry Cobbler with Sugared Star Shortcakes
Photo: Becky Stayner; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
- 2 pt. fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (12-oz.) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon coarse sparkling sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until bubbly and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- 2. Separate biscuits, and flatten each into a 3 1/2-inch circle. Cut with a 3-inch star-shaped cutter, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet; sprinkle with sparkling sugar, pressing to adhere. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Place 1 biscuit on each serving plate. Spoon blueberry mixture over half of biscuits; top with remaining biscuits. Serve with whipped cream.
- Note: We tested with Pillsbury Grands! Jr. Golden Layers Buttermilk Biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This