Blueberry Cobbler Roll
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups plus 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium mixing bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle half-and-half evenly over mixture; stir with a fork until all ingredients are moistened. Shape dough into a ball; chill.
- Combine sugar, dash of salt, and remaining flour; add butter, lemon rind, and juice, stirring well. Fold in blueberries.
- Roll pastry into a 12- x 8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread with blueberry mixture. Roll up jellyroll fashion, beginning at long side; moisten edges and ends with water to seal. Transfer roll to a heavily greased 15- x 10- x 1- inch jellyroll pan. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Transfer roll to a serving platter.
- Combine powdered sugar and water in a small bowl, mixing well. Drizzle glaze over warm roll. Slice and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts