This was delicious!!!. I added a little bit of water to the sugar/blueberry mixture so the sugar would stick a little. Overall this was great and next time I thing I'll use the biscuit recipe as a crust!!!
Photo: Lisa Hubbard; Styling: Sara Quessenberry
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 474
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 61g
- Sugars: 29g
- Fiber: 3g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Sodium: 280mg
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- 2 pints blueberries
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Heat oven to 375° F. In a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish or a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, toss the blueberries, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon flour.
In a medium bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, lemon zest, and the remaining flour and sugar.
Add the butter and blend with your fingers or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form. Add 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream and mix until a shaggy dough forms.
Drop mounds of dough over the blueberry mixture. Bake until the berries are bubbling and the top is golden, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with the remaining cream for drizzling, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note