These were good. I made them with half white and half whole wheat flour, and 2 eggs instead of the egg substitute. Next time I'll skip the topping, the muffins don't need it!
To prevent berries from bleeding, toss them in flour, and then gently fold them into batter.
Yield: 15 muffins (serving size: 1 muffin)
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 174
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 249mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1/4 cup regular oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Stir together oats, brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg substitute, beating until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, ending with flour mixture. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle evenly with oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden. Cool muffins in pans 5 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads, Breakfast/Brunch
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits, Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Summer, Father's Day, Mother's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Breads