Blueberry Chutney for Grilled Chicken
Fresh blueberries and dried apricots are tossed with brown sugar and other tasty ingredients, then lightly simmered to create a delicious chutney. Serve this treat warm or at room temperature. From Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007.
Marinate: 20 Minutes
- 2 cup(s) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoon(s) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1/2 cup(s) Italian salad dressing
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- • For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- • Meanwhile, pour salad dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- • Cool chutney to room temperature. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with chutney.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note