Very easy to make. It's so nice not having to make a custard; made step 1 the night before and it only took about 30 minutes to freeze in the ice cream maker. Fantastic flavor, very yummy. Only problem is it never hard-set so when I put it in the ice cream pie, I couldn't add the preserves between the layers because they just sunk into the ice cream. Then when I cut the pie, it collapsed into a soft and liquid mess despite having been in the freezer about 4 hours overall for prep and 2 hours straight after I assembled it. The flavor was still great and my guests enjoyed it, but it was disappointing to serve a "pile of pie" versus a piece of pie.
Blueberry-Cheesecake Ice Cream
No custard is needed to make this easy Blueberry-Cheesecake Ice Cream. Try Blueberry-Cheesecake Ice Cream in cookie sandwiches or irresistible pies.
This recipe goes with Blueberry-Cheesecake Ice-Cream Pie
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste*
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1. Process first 7 ingredients in a blender 30 seconds or until very smooth. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- 2. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary.)
- 3. Mash together blueberries, blueberry preserves, and lemon zest. Stir mixture into prepared ice cream. Freeze 1 hour before serving. Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container, and freeze up to 1 week.
- *Vanilla extract may be substituted.
- THE COOKIE: Snickerdoodles, soft-baked from your bakery, for towering ice-cream cookie sandwiches. Wrap the finished treats individually (and tightly) in plastic wrap, and keep on hand in the freezer for parties or snacks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note